Thursday 18 August 2011

Veggie Container Gardening




I can't be more pleased with the outcome of my first Veggie Container Garden. Inspired by my boyfriend's Mother's garden on Hornby Island I decided to give it a go of my own. To be completely honest I was shocked with how easy it was. With the right amount of sun, water and attention I had full tomatoes, lettuce and green peppers of my own. The satisfaction of eating my own homegrown Veggies is something I could get used to you. If you are new to gardening, all you need is to pick up some plants, container pots, and potting soil from your nearest nursery. I got all mine at Home Depot.  Simply plant them separately in each container and water accordingly. Over time remember to prune the branches, this helps the plant to direct its energy to produce the fruit.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment