Thursday 3 November 2011

Jambalaya Rice Bowl


My love for Cactus Clubs Jambalaya Rice Bowl over took my kitchen this week. I have been trying to master their recipe for awhile now and last nights dinner is the closest I have come yet. Tweaking the ingredients and sauce has been hard to find a perfect match and although it wasn't quite the same as Cactus it came pretty dam close. 

My recipe is to fry chopped up red onion, yellow/red peppers, celery, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil used from jar of sun-dried tomatoes. Once sauteed add cut up chorizo and shrimp to the mix. (I sometimes add chicken as well) Steam broccoli separately. Once steamed add to the mix and add corn. For a lil spice and flavour I mixed sour cream and hot chili sauce together. Once rice is cooked, add veggies/meat, dabble a bit of sauce and garnish with green onion. 




  
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. This really good! Can't wait to try it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks better than Cactus! Nice work girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jambalaya is always my favorite everytime I dine at Cactus Club. And, I also love the Hot Wings. And for the drinks, Bellini is a perfect choice I always order for my girfriend especially if she doesn't feel like drinking alcoholic beverages. Just love Cactus Club.

    ReplyDelete